CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hoover Dam....

One day while Elliott was out of school and Lance had no work (very rare days!!) We decided to go up to the Hoover Dam and check out the new huge bridge that was just completed. We drove over it first because we couldn't figure out where too park. I was a little disappointed, or maybe I should have been relieved, that you couldn't even see over the walls while you were driving on it so you had no clue you were up so high. Oh well. We found the parking lot and walked over to the bridge. I don't know if the girls were all that excited since they didn't really know what bridge we were talking about.
Rya was a little stinker when we got up there and she wanted Lance to hold her on his shoulders, he was fine with it but I was NOT!! I told Lance she could fall off over the bridge and I was way to nervous to even risk it... this bridge is seriously high people!!

Elliott however was happy as can be and loved looking over the bridge! You can't really tell from this picture how high the bridge is, too bad.



Walking back down.

Lance took a picture of the sign in case we ever want to know all the details, haha.

Down the winding switch backs.
This was Rya's favorite part, she ran down the whole way laughing like someone was chasing her!
Mommy and Rya at the end, if you look closely you can see Rya clear down at the other end. She was having too much fun to come back up for a picture, oh well!! I am glad we can say we have been to the bridge, I think that was a one time thing!! haha.

2 comments:

Brad and Jen said...

Lac--look at that cute belly of yours! How are you feeling? Looks like you guys are doing well!

robandkayla said...

Wow go you! Hiking that while preggers :) That bridge looks super cool we might have to go out there!