CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentines/Presidents day weekend...

I know Valentine's Day was a week ago but oh well, I am late posting! Last weekend my mom, Gentry, Cassidy and Logan came down for a visit! It was so great to have them here especially while Lance was in the middle of blocks! I can honestly say we didn't do a whole lot but we had fun visiting and the girls had fun playing! Saturday morning we all got up and I made a special V-day breakfast! I made double chocolate waffles with fruit and whipped cream on top...yum! Lance ended up doing the cooking part because I was struggling with the waffle iron (that is usually lance's department!!) They turned out really yummy, it was like brownies for breakfast!! Don't we all look so lovely before we get ready for the day?!
The weather was really nice, well, by Utah standards. The girls played outside all day! They had so much fun on the tramp!

Jumping with Aunt Cassidy too!

It was so nice out we decided to have a little picnic on the patio! Yes, Rya is eating Mac n cheese at our picnic. She is not a big sandwich girl! It was a bit of a mess!

On to even more food... hmm! I think all we did on V-day was eat! Oh well, it was a holiday! When we were kids my mom always had a big red dinner for V-day, and she still does. I have kept up with the tradition since I have been married and I LOVE it! It was so fun to have my family here to share it with us! I made homemade pizza, strawberry salad and garlic bread. It was nice to have my mom there for an extra hand in the kitchen!It turned out good! yay! I love fun dinners!!


I just had to throw this picture in, Rya being the DJ! I think she did this all weekend! It was very loud but pretty cute!

This is what we looked like when everyone left! We had soooo much fun playing but we were all worn out!! I have to add that we also went to Chuck E cheese to play and the McDonald's play land to play on the day it rained... wow we really do look like piggies!! I promise that is not all we did that weekend!!Thanks so much for the visit guys! we love you and can't wait for the next visit!!


5 comments:

Pitcher family said...

that waffle recipe sounds awesome, maybe you should post it. I want to come down and see you soon, I really need a vacation!

Grand Pooba said...

You guys do look great before getting ready for the day! I love how your mom's hair is still wet. And what are these double chocolate waffles? They sound delicious! How fun to have your family there for V-day!

BTW I am so sad you weren't in my 4th grade class now I wanna see that NKOTB T-shirt!

Chelsey said...

Cute pictures, Logan had so much fun! Too bad nobody but mom was wearing red to the red dinner! You are so good at putting forth just that little bit more of an effort than the rest of us, geese making us all look bad all the time.

Bryce and Janica said...

I'm so glad I'm back into your blogging world, and I'm sure you are as well! I love seeing you and Lance in the pictures, it brings back some fun memories, you guy's look great, and I'm glad you had a great V-day!(they sure are different then what they look like on tv aren't they?)

ashley said...

You are always so good about making holidays super special. I am so in love with your red square plates and that awesome huge glass vase filled with red candies. And I am cracking up at Elliott's face at your dinner. I clicked that pic to enlarge it to see your vase and I saw her and just cracked up. She is too cute! Glad you got to spend some time with your momma and sista's. How fun!