Sorry no pics for this post! This has been one of those weeks... you know the ones! I thought last week was bad because Lance was in the middle of block week... AKA HELL week!! However, this week Rya came down with Crupe (I don't know if that is even how you spell it!). So what you say, all gets get sick you say... well, this little darling is a real challenge when she is feeling well, has been fed and is caught up on sleep, take all those things aways and WATCH OUT! She is just plain cranky!!! I can't wait for her to start feeling better, although, I am sure Elliott is bound to get it next, but she is much more manageable!
Yesterday we had a minor emergency. Now that it is over I think it is funny, but at the time not so much! My sneaky little Rya took three of her binkies out of her room while I was putting laundry away, she knows she can only have them when she is in bed so she tries to sneak them a lot. I always make her go put them back and then she tries some other way to sneak them. Yesterday she took them and went in my room and locked the door!! YES, my 18 month old is locked in my room. She locks herself in her room all the time and it is no big deal because I can just pop the lock but my room needs a key, a key that I do not have!! I wasn't that worried at first, I thought I could figure something out but after about a half hour of trying all kinds of things I knew she was stuck! I emailed Lance at school, because yes we don't have a cell phone (this is not the first time we really needed one!!AAAaaaaaRRRgggggHHHhhh!!) Of course he doesn't ever check his email!!! I really should have taken a picture of all the things I was using for tools, all of Lances screw drivers (except the RIGHT one), a bobby pin, a paper clip, a credit card, a paint lid opener, scissors, pliers and tin snips!! I was reading all over the Internet on how to pick a lock, I watched like three videos showing you exactly how to do it (which is weird... no wonder people can break into houses!!) I tried to follow their directions but apparently I am no burglar! I ended up calling my friend and she called her husband... who HAS a cell phone, but he didn't answer! The next thing I did was try to break in through my bedroom window but that was locked of course! Now for my desperation move... keep in mind she had been locked in my room for two hours now.... I thought maybe if I just ran at the door I could break it down, they do it all the time on TV right!! I probably looked like the biggest loser (and not the kind I want to be!) and lance has not let me live it down!!
Lance finally came home after she had been locked in there nearly three hours. He walked up to the door, walked out to the garage and got the correct screwdriver and pop, she's out!! Just like that! How annoying!! I was to busy making sure my child was still alive to be too annoyed though!!! He is a little mad at me though because in my panic I tried to cut the door knob off with tin snips... oops!! I have no idea how to take a door knob off that has no visible crews in it!! I pretty much ruined it! Lance has since turned the door knobs around so the lock is on the outside, now she will probably lock me IN the bedroom!!
Moral of the story...... Get a cell phone! Oh and not everything you see on TV works (ramming speed!!) AND 18 month old in a locked bedroom for three hours makes a HUGE mess!!!




12 comments:
I've never laughed so hard while reading a blog entry! I'm sure at the time it was horrible but it's a great story now! And yes, GET A CELL PHONE!!!!!!!!!
Wow Lacey that is so funny, I am sure you don't think so but, hello you know that is hilarious if it isn't you in the situation!! I guess it will be good if Lance has to get a cell phone for school soon! Thanks for the laugh and hopefully that will be the end of the scares for you. What was Elliott doing this whole time, was she at school?
That is hilarious!!! Although, I'm sure it wasn't to you at the time. What was Rya doing in there the whole time? Was she upset or was she just happy to have her binky in peace? I can just picture you charging the door! So funny.... I really think this whole fiasco justifies a cell phone though....
THat is definitely one of those laugh later stories, but is so stressful at the time! By the way Jared has croup now too! Yeah!
Oh Lacey... You are so cute and so funny. I am so sorry for your rough week. I wish that I could have been there to see you attempt to knock down a door. I would have done the same thing.
Wow! Ok, I'm laughing but you're right, if it were me, I'd be panicking! I LOVE the ramming idea! Why does it always work on TV and not in real life?
(PS, I think you should get a key to your bedroom door)
That is HILARIOUS! I am glad that everything worked out though and now you can look back and laugh at the whole thing. Sometimes it sucks when the husbands can figure something out in less than 5 min that we couldn't figure out in 3 hours. Dang those handy men :)
Oh-my-gosh-I'm still trying to recover from laughing so hard! I think you did what any mom would do in that situation, but it is pretty hilarious to read about someone else doing it. We don't have cell phones either and I totally felt your frustration in not being able to call Lance. Glad everybody is ok!
Oh Lacey! I am so glad to have acess to your blog now! and WOW what a story! I am sure Lance will never let you live it down.
I think I would have attempted to kick down the door...I bet that would hurt too! Sorry about the mess in your room! No fun!
That is so funny! the things I have to look forward to!!!
You know what's funny? Right after I read this, Matt came home and told me about it! Haha....he then reminded me of the time I tried to open a box of mac n cheese with a steak knife....
I really know that I am evil, but since it had a good ending I have to tell you...
I was CRYING with laughter by the end of that post! HOLY CRAP! Especially at the mental picture of you trying ramming speed at the door....LOL, just writing that had me cracking up again! :D Oh, fyi- when I got locked out of the van at the dentist office a couple weeks ago I had to call Josh over and over for an HOUR before he answered...Cell phones are NOT all they are cracked up to be. Especially since they have to have them silent during classes. *sigh*
I am sure glad Rya was just fine, but I would have been in JUST the same amount of FREAKIN' OUTNESS as you were!
What kind of dummy-head puts a keyed doorknob on a bedroom? Lame. At least Rya had some quality time with her binkies! ;)
Post a Comment