CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

I am thankful for...

Earlier this week for Family night we talked about all of our blessings and the things we are thankful for. Elliott had such a great list and I wanted to write it somewhere in hopes of not losing it!!
Elliott is thankful for (in her own words!):
  • Music in her room (she has a CD player by her bed!)
  • Church, so she can learn about Jesus
  • Her family
  • New Friends
  • New toys
  • Shows at the store (Redbox!)
  • Rya, her chubby little sister!
  • Our prophet, President Monson
  • Mommy and Daddy
  • We get to live with Jesus again!
  • We get to get married (such a girl!)
  • The temple
  • Reading books
  • The scriptures
  • Love
  • Our house

Lance and I tried to add to the list without repeating and here is what we are thankful for:

  • Our health
  • Missionaries
  • each other!
  • Our beautiful girls!!
  • Food
  • Holy ghost
  • Our government (Lance being funny!)
  • Food Storage
  • Plan of Salvation
  • Membership in the church
  • Working cars
  • Clothing
  • Our education
  • Our testimonies!
  • And one that bears repeating, the love from all our family and friends!!

It was a really good reminder for all of us to see how many blessing we really have! I am sure we could have gone on and on but Elliott would have been a little overwhelmed! This list is now posted on our fridge for those days when I feel like I need a good reminder!!

3 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

What a good idea! I love that Elliot is thankful for music in her room, love it!

ashley said...

That was a really cool family night to have. It's really cool to hear that you are teaching your kids so early on about gratitude. It is also neat to see what others are thankful for. Its always a good eye opener.

Tiff and Chris said...

What a good post. I love that you put membership in the chuch...how awesome is it to know what we know!