CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Our forced "staycation!"

A few weeks ago we were just sitting down to dinner and Lance says, "is it hot in here?" I said yes but I just got done cooking so I was sure that was all it was. Well, being my little investigating handy man, Lance quickly figured out the fan had gone out in our air conditioner and was now only blowing hot air. hmmm, this could be a big problem seeing as it was WELL over 100 degrees outside (the car said 110 but I think it was a little high!!) anyway, we quickly called our realtor office (did I mention this was a Sunday night?!!) they said someone would be out in the morning...GRRRRRREAT! We debated about staying and suffering or just staying with one of our friends or just leaving and staying in a hotel. after a lot of talk and all of us beginning to sweat we decided it would be fun to go stay at a hotel for the night! we ended up getting a room at Boulder Station for 13$.... I know right!! I am thinking it would be cheaper just to move in there!! Anyway, we had fun. By the time we got there is was already past 8:00 and the girls were getting tired but they stayed up and hung out for a while. We wanted to swim but... the dang cast!! This is what the thermostat said when we left. The air had only been off about an hour and a half and it went up 6 degrees.

Here are the girls eating popcorn and watching a movie on TV, they both thought this was great! The sleeping arrangements were not great, I had the girls in one bed and Lance and I in the other but Rya was having too much fun and wouldn't stay in bed... surprise!! Anyway, she ended up with me and Lance with Elliott. I got hit in the face with Rya's cast all night long! That morning we had to be back by 8:00 for the air conditioning guy. He was there about ten minutes and said he had to get a part and would be back by noon.....yes NOON!! Hello dude, I am melting in here! And true to his word he was back by about 12:30! I don't know what the air finally reached before it was back on but it was over 90 degrees! We were all pretty sweaty! Oh well, we had a fun time at good old Boulder Station!



2 comments:

Chelsey said...

$13 bucks are you kidding, what did you do, plead poverty??? How would you get a room for only $13 dollars?? Maybe you should move in there!

Tiff and Chris said...

I can't believe $13 for a room! I feel your pain with the 100 degree weather, San Antonio is scorching!