I Love that all three of my girls have such different personalities. Elliott is calm and cautious. Rya is wild and crazy and will try pretty much anything. And my little Madden girl is a pretty good mix of both... or at least she was until the last few weeks!! We woke up one morning and we were getting ready for the bus. We were about to leave and I hear running kids (nothing new) and a loud bonk... also nothing new. But then I heard Madden scream and cry. Lots and lots of crying. Madden is so used to falling and crashing she is pretty tough, usually all she requires to stop crying is a kiss from mom. When I went to pick her up she would not stop crying. She was huddled into my shoulder. I puller her away to look for damage and my shirt was covered in blood. A lot of blood! yikes!! I searched all over and finally found the gash on her head... it was buried in all her hair so it was hard to get a good look at it. I put a cold rag on it and tried to stop the blood long enough to see how deep it really was. For some reason I can't find the pictures I took of it. Probably on my phone. Once I moved some of the blood I saw it was really deep. I loaded the kids in the car and got the big girls on the bus and quickly called Lance. I told him what happened and that I was almost positive she needed stitches and asked if I should bring her to his work and have him do it or should I just run her to insta care. He kept telling me that head wounds bleed a lot and it probably didn't need stitches. If you know me you know I do not like taking my kids to the doctor... in fact I avoid it as much as I can. I reminded him of that but told him it really was deep and it needed to be looked at. I went home and got ready for the day and just kept checking on it. Unfortunately after two hours it was still bleeding. I decided just to run her to quick care to be safe. They got me in quick and the nurse told me there was no reason to worry head wounds rarely need stitches. However the doctor came in and looked at it and said "ewww, that is deep, it definitely needs staples." As sad as I was for my baby I felt a little validated in my concerns! They ended up giving her three staples in her little head. The saddest part is she didn't even cry... not even a whimper!! She was so brave! Mommy wasn't so brave when they were shaving two inches of her hair off though!! Sad!
She kept them in for about 10 days and then daddy took them out at home. I wish I had some better pictures!
This little one is TROUBLE!
The VERY next day Madden was playing out side on our little climbing toy. She was just out there in her diaper and she fell from the top into the stupid rocks. She had a big old gash under her right eye! I am so glad it wasn't worse!! She still has a scar on her eye almost a year later! Crazy little girl!




0 comments:
Post a Comment