So I have been meaning to post about this for about a week now and I haven't got around to it. Last Saturday Lance and I were on our way to pick up Elliott from the park and we walked by a neighbors house and she was putting a whole bunch of stuff out in her driveway. It looked like she was getting ready for a garage sale. On the way back there was a big sign that said "FREE Take any or all!" What?! FREE! You can't pass that up! The first thing Lance saw were these bikes... they are great! The funny thing is we were just talking about getting a bike for me since Lance rides all the time and I can't go with him. The best part is we can have matching bikes now.... HAHAHAHA! I love my new bike though! It is a much nicer bike than we would have bought for me anyway! We also took a bike trailer and the girls love to ride in it! Rya even fell asleep while we were riding the other day!
We also took a few other things. Elliott saw some roller blades she just had to have, I was a little hesitant but they look brand new! They are so cute they have little training wheels on the back! I didn't know they made those! She has had fun learning to use them, I think it will still take some time, especially since they are a few sizes to big for her!
Here I am showing her to put her feet like a duck! I don't think she really got it! Oh well, she will learn!
And the best thing of all that we took was a new dining room table! I have been wanting a new table for so long but they are just so expensive! Ours is in fine condition but it is just getting to small for us! So... we took this table and redid it! I will post pictures as soon as it is all set up how I want it! We painted it black and distressed it so it looks like an old farm table! I am so excited! Now we are in the market for chairs. I want some old square back chairs but can't find what I am looking for. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!!
Anyway, I ask again... Thrifty or Garbage diggers?! I can't believe these guys were throwing all this stuff out! I don't know why they didn't have a garage sale! Oh well, I am excited about all the great things we got, even if it is someone else's garbage!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Thrifty or.....Garbage digger?!!
Posted by Wehrle at 8:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Sweet! One mans trash is another mans treasure. I told Darby she's not aloud to throw anything out until she checks with me first. No sence in wasting good trash! And Lace you look SO super skinny you foxy little mama!
I would say thrifty! There is way too much waste these days. We were looking for a dining table last year and couldn't find what we were looking for and ended up getting a "throw-away" table and refinishing it, and I love it! You always love it more when hard work has gone into it... and we just ordered the chairs from target online.
So thrifty!! Lace I would have a total high from a thrifty experience like that. I am the garage sale/dumpster picker upper queen since we started med school. I love a good deal!! Great job!!
My vote is thrifty. But then again, we're always digging "treasures" out of our neighbor's garbage piles. We'll have to go biking together sometime with our little families.
Post a Comment