CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter weekend...

We had such a great Easter weekend!! This is a really long post with a lot of pictures so unless you are a grandma you probably don't want to read this!! I watched one of my friends kids the Friday before Easter so we decided to make cookies! The girls did really good, but it was a big undertaking with 4 girls under 5! Oh well it was fun!! Here the girls are cutting the cookies out!
This is pretty much what Rya did the whole time.. and Gracie! I just let them roll their dough and play with it and eat it and then we threw it away!

Mommy helping the girls put the cut cookies on the cookie sheet and into the oven!

Please excuse all the nakedness! I had all the girls take their shirts off while we decorated... I really didn't want to send the girls home with frosting all over the place!! Good thing I did because 2 minutes after they took their shirts off Gracie leaned over and a cookie got stuck on her tummy.. bright purple!! That could have been ugly!

Later that night we colored Easter eggs! I didn't dare do this activity other than with my own kids... even then it was scary with Rya!! And yes, those are their Christmas aprons, that is all they have!!

Elliott dipping her pink egg!

Rya made quite the mess but she thought it was great!

Cute little chubby hand!

The finished product!

The Easter bunny came to our house on Saturday so we could just focus on Christ on Sunday! The girls were soooo excited it was like Christmas again! Elliott woke up at 6:00, which is unheard of!! The bunny left us a really messy note:
Pump your arms,
pump your legs,
Hurry up and find your eggs!
10 eggs I hid for you,
that is your only clue!
But wait, there's more
There are 28 outside the door!!
The Easter Bunny!
Wow! Who knew the Easter bunny was such a poet!! HA!!
Anyway the girls had fun looking for lots of eggs in then house before we moved outside!

The Easter bunny hid the eggs so well we could only find 27... oops! One of these days it will turn up!
The girls had so much fun running around in their jammies!
Rya's favorite part... eating the candy! The girls also got a pair of shorts from the bunny and a fun book from Grandma and Grandma Wehrle bought their new baskets! Thanks guys!

Sweet breakfast huh? Mommy doesn't like going to the grocery store so we had eggs and toast for Easter breakfast!! Oh well, the girls had fun eating the eggs!

After we got dressed we headed to the park for another Easter egg hunt with some friends from the ward. Rya and cute baby Blake waiting for all the fun!!
RUN!!! Elliott found a lot of eggs pretty quick, she had to put some back since it was a 10 egg limit!!

Rya was a pro by the time we got to this hunt!! She too had to put some eggs back!

More eggs!

Look what I got!! CANDY!!! I think Rya has been on a candy high since Easter!

The kids played at the park for a long time after the hunt! Mommy and her fun friends Jackie and Margaret! I love these girls!

Sunday morning we got a quick family picture! Lance was able to go to church with us for the first time in months since he was released from his calling! It was nice to have him there!! Elliott did a really good job in primary saying the scripture!! After church we came home and later went to our great friends the Robison's for a yummy dinner!! We have the best friends! I am so thankful for them, especially when we are away from our families on holidays!! I LOVE Easter!! Until next year....

5 comments:

Pitcher family said...

Grandmas and Aunts you mean...right! Looks like tons of fun! I love the picture with rya's chubby hand and the one with the eggs in the carton (random I know) it looks so professional. Love you Wehrles

Grand Pooba said...

I LOVE Rya's piggies!

Jeri said...

Love the pics! How do you get more than 5 on a post? I can't figure that out.

hoLLY said...

I love your fam pic! you guys are so cute! I love easter too!!!

Janalyn and Rob said...

It's been a little while since I have checked in on your blog...Rya looks so much older in these pictures. They growc so fast!