My little wild and crazy, always on the move, scared of NOTHING little Rya has broken wrist!! She fractured both of the bones! Monday night She was jumping off the couch as usual, and I was trying to get her to stop as usual, and she got her foot caught and flipped over the back of the couch. I thought she was going to break her nose or her neck but she must have caught herself on the way down and landed on her little wrist! She cried and cried (which should have been my first clue!!) she doesn't normally cry much when she gets hurt! I decided not to take her to the doctor that night and wait to see how she was the next day! The first thing she said when she woke up was, "ow mommy, I fell!" and showed me her wrist! Clue number 2... she still remembered! I took her to swimming lessons and she wouldn't do anything, VERY unusual, she loves swimming lessons!! Clue number 3!! All day she was fine and acting normal, running around like a crazy girl. Every once in a while she would come show me her wrist and want me to kiss it better and then she would run off again! The only time she would whimper was if I grabbed it or washed her hands or paid attention to it. I finally decided since it was still hurting I better take her in. I had Lance take her that night to the instacare for an X-RAY. What do you know... broken!! I felt so bad!! What a mean mom not to take her baby to the doctor when she has a broken arm!! she had to go all day with it and I am sure it didn't feel good!! I told Lance last night, you know those mom's who freak out at every little hang nail and sniffle and rush into the doctor? well, I think I could use a spoon full of that!! I am so bad, I HATE taking my kids to the doctor unless they ABSOLUTELY need to go! You would think I would have learned my lesson after Elliott was in the hospital for pneumonia!! ANYWAY...... her are some pictures with Rya in her soft cast. She has to go to the orthopedist tomorrow to get her real cast!

Poor thing did not want her picture taken! Elliott thought it was pretty cool though and kept wanting to wear her sling!
Now since I am no radiologist (and I don't think any of you reading this are) I had to ask Lance where the fractures were. They are the little bumps on the sides of both of the bones! They don't look like much but I am sure they hurt!!
Look at that poor little arm! The dumb cast goes clear up past her elbow!! Oh, and she has figured out that she can take it off, yes, so much fun trying to keep it on!!
Don't mind that her skirt is flipped upside down... I love this little face!!
See how cute I am mom?!! I love this little girl but she is a STINKER!!!! Everyday is something new with her!! This may turn out to be the LONGEST HOTTEST summer ever if we can't get in the pool!! She is already having to miss the last few days of her swimming class!! so sad!!!




3 comments:
Oh I was waiting for some pictures...so sad but so cute too! That is going to be the worst part is not being able to swim! She is so dang cute, how can anyone be mad at her and her craziness!
That cast looks huge on her! Poor thing. I wouldn't have thought she broke it if she was playing the very next day either!
The perfect start to the summer, right? Poor Rya, and Poor MAMA!!! :) I hope you make it through her childhood sane, she is one tough cookie so I wouldn't worry about her makin' it...but it is entirely possible she will drive you CRAZY! I am so sorry she got hurt, that really stinks! Someday soon we need to get the kids together, we can have a pizza/movie party when it is too hot to play outside, what do ya think? :D I volunteer my messy house! Sounds like you could use a nap girl!! :) Take care Lacey, ttyl!
Post a Comment