CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The big 5...5....5...5...5........!!!!!

Elliott turned the big 5 on August 25... the day after school started!!! She was soooo excited for her big day! She had been talking about it for months. She was so sad all of her friends were 5 and she wasn't.... sorry honey, that is how life will be since you are the youngest!! Oh well

The morning of her birthday I took cookies to Elliott's class. I am so glad Mrs. Helch was nice enough to let me come in on only the second day of school!!! Elliott was so excited, and so was Rya!!! So fun!That night Elliott chose to go to McDonald's for diner (big surprise there!!) We had lots of fun! When we got home Lance was dying to give her the gift he bought... these guns! The girls both love them, mommy however does not! I will be minding my own business and then BAM I get hit with a dart!! Oh well, I think Lance was more excited than the girls were!!


Already aiming at mommy!


After that we had some yummy ice cream cones Elliott picked out! She wanted cake but I didn't want to make two cakes... mean I know!!

We had her party that weekend and Rya helped me make the cake.... she sat on the floor for ever eating all the sticky batter, yum!

Elliott wanted a Hello Kitty party this year. She invited Luke, Xander, Jared, Hannah, Anna and Karly (who couldn't make it!) She has such cute little friends! We started the party off by having some pizza, yum!

Next we went out back and played with water balloons! The kids had so much fun chasing each and me and Lance around!

Then we played pin the flower on the Hello Kitty poster... who knows what the game is really called! Anyway, they all had fun and did really well.... guess who won.......RYA!!! Funny huh!
I don't know what is happening here ( and please ignore my face!!) but I just wanted everyone to see how good these kids are!! look at them all sitting and listening, you would think they were in school not a b-day party!!
Next we did cake and ice cream! Elliott wanted a Hello Kitty cake to go along with her party! She found the cake she wanted and I made it, luckily it wasn't a very hard one!! And she liked it so that is all that matters!!
Making her big wish!!! Go Elliott! I thought I had a lot of pictures of her opening presents but I can't find them, weird!! Anyway, she got so many nice things. I have them all written down and I thought about listing all the great things she got but then I figured I would forget one and then I would feel bad!!! SOOOOO... Thanks for all the great gifts everyone, and from all the great people in our lives who sent them in the mail!! We are so blessed to have so many great friends and family in our lives!!!
One year older and wiser too:
- Elliott is so smart and loves learning right now! She always wants to practice reading and she is getting really good!
-She loves to play with her friends. They are so funny to watch interact! She is still very bossy though! :)
-Elliott is a great helper! She always wants t o help me clean the house and she cleans her bedroom all by her self now... not with out complaining though! :)
-She loves going to church and she loves to talk about Jesus ! She always tells me he is her best friend.
-Even though Elliott is five she still gives the best loves!! I love taking her to the bus every morning because she won't leave without wrapping her arms around me and gives me a big kiss! I hope that never ends.. although I am sure it will!
I am so happy Elliott is in our family! She is so fun to have around and we LOVE her so much!!
Happy Birthday Elliott!!!

5 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Wow! The big 5! Happy birthday Elliot! And way to go mom on the cake! You will have to teach me!

Pitcher family said...

Looks like she had so much fun at her party, and the cake looks so cute! That is so cute that she gives you a big hug and kiss at the bus stop everyday! If only they were always that sweet. Happy Birthday Elliott!

Megs said...

I am LOVIN' the party pics! So cute! I am glad she had such a fun Bday, she deserves it. :D Em is almost the youngest of her friends too, funny they have alot in common!
I think my girls would eat every meal at McD's if I let them...not very WeightWatchers approved though huh? LOL
ROFL at the Dart guns...my kids would drive me NUTS with them too! HA HA HA! Thank heavens Josh didn't do much shopping for thier gifts...we would have ended up with something similar! LOL!
Beautiful job on the cake, I am super impressed! :D I love it when they request stuff that isn't too difficult! ;D Looks like tons of fun for all! YAY for your party skills, and YAY for Miss Elliot, she rocks! :D

Jeri said...

I love the cake! I could never make something like that!

blair and maisy said...

Amazing cake, like always!