A few weeks ago we were all sitting around having a normal night. I was babysitting our friend's little boy Klayte and he and Elliott were playing. Rya hadn't been feeling very good all day and she had woken up from her nap with a fever. When we took it it wasn't super high... like maybe 101. An hour or so later we took it and it was 103, pretty high! Rya was sitting with lance and we were deciding if we should take her in or wait until the morning (it was already 8:00 at night!) All of the sudden Lance yells, "oh my gosh, she is having a seizure!!" He laid her down on the ground and of course Elliott and Klayte come running to check it out... not good! I grabbed them and took them over behind our couch and told them to stay there so they couldn't see her. I then ran to the phone and called 911... only to be greeted with "you have reached Henderson 911, all our operators are busy, your call will be answered in the order in which it was received!" WHAT THE....?????? I listened to this for 2 whole minutes all the while pacing back and forth between Rya and Elliott and Klayte. I was in full on freak out mode by then and I kept yelling at Lance to do something. By this time she was completely blue and foaming like crazy!! Right as she came out of it 911 picked up of course....grrrrr!! I am still angry with them. I told them never mind we would just run her down to the ER ourselves. Poor Rya was still so out of it, she kept going in and out of consciousness. I held her on my lap while the other kids were in the back seat. Thank goodness for awesome friends... I called Amber and Ethan and asked them to come and get Elliott and Klayte, they were on the other side of town and still made it to the hospital right after we did! The ER was great, they took us right back, no triage, no papers and the doctor followed us right back to the room! I think I blocked most of the night in the ER out, I can hardly remember what they even did. I do know they took a lot of blood and ran some tests. The also gave her meds to get her fever down. They also gave her some apple juice that she threw up all over me, my purse and the floor. The poor thing was a trooper though all of it! It was the saddest thing to watch!! I hate when my girls are sick like that!!!! We were had the hospital 3 or4 hours. Amber and Ethan were so amazing and let Elliott stay over at her house!! Thank you so much you guys!! I don't know what I would have done with two extra kids in the ER with me!
Anyway, Rya is fine. The seizure was caused by a fever that spike. Since she has had this once she is now more prone to having it again, next time she has a fever I will be watching her much more carefully!!! We think her fever was caused by roseola, a virus that isn't normally that big of a deal!! Poor little Rya... we love you!!
Oh... and poor Elliott was truamatized for a few days after seeing Rya for only those few seconds! She kept telling Amber Rya was at the doctor getting her face fixed! Then she would lay down on the floor at start shaking and ask why Rya was doing that! Sad!
Anyway, Rya is fine. The seizure was caused by a fever that spike. Since she has had this once she is now more prone to having it again, next time she has a fever I will be watching her much more carefully!!! We think her fever was caused by roseola, a virus that isn't normally that big of a deal!! Poor little Rya... we love you!!Oh... and poor Elliott was truamatized for a few days after seeing Rya for only those few seconds! She kept telling Amber Rya was at the doctor getting her face fixed! Then she would lay down on the floor at start shaking and ask why Rya was doing that! Sad!




8 comments:
oh my heck, those kids just live to give parents a good scare don't they? I'm glad she's ok. By the time they leave the house someday, then and maybe then, you will know how to handle situations like that....but sadly, I doubt it. Good job mom and dad. :-)
We are so glad Rya is ok even if she is back to her "normal self". We love that cute girl!
Elliot can sleep over any time! Not that we are sleeping much these days anyway :) I'm glad it all ended well. You guys are awesome parents.
I'm so sorry!! I hate stuff like that, it's my worst nightmare!!! I'm so glad she is doing better!!
Holy crap! That is so scary, I don't know what I would have done in your situation! I'm glad she is okay, the poor thing she looks just exhausted! (And Lance too)
Oh our little trouble maker! WHat are we going to do with that one?
So scary! I'm so glad everything turned out okay. We're just a phone call away if you need anything in the future too.
Oh my gosh how scary! I am so glad that Rya is ok. I can't believe that with 911-that is so ridiculous.
Post a Comment