CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 21, 2011

Now for my post...

I am so thankful Lance posted pictures to our blog right after I had our sweet Madden!! As you can see I am much slower at getting things done these days, especially blogging, if it had been left up to me I would just be getting around to it!! I am however a little more detailed in my post so I am going to do a Madden post as well. And there are a lot of repeat pictures so you may not care to read this....My mom, dad and Grandma Swim Swim came in to town on Wednesday night (Feb 16th). We hung out until Lance got home from work and then we went and ate at the Elephant bar, super yummy! We came home and got the girls in bed and then I still had to shower and pack (yes, I procrastinate a lot!!) After my shower I asked Lance and my dad to give me a blessing. I am so thankful I am married to the most amazing man whole can give me a blessing any time i need one!! It was finally time for bed after that... not that it mattered, I barely slept!! Neither of my other two girls were scheduled so this was different for me! All I did was lay there and get really excited and then really nervous for the next morning!! We had to be at the hospital at 5:30 so I was up at 4:15 to get everything ready. Unfortunately both of the girls woke up as we were walking out the door so I had them go sleep with grandma, they were both very sad they weren't coming with us to the hospital! When we got to the hospital we filled out a million papers and I got all gowned up and in bed. The nurses had to try three times to get my IV, this was by far the worst part of the morning!! By the time they finally got it in I was drenched in sweat!! YIKES!! We ended up getting bumped because they were using the OR for another patient. I was okay with this and ended up having a little nap before Dr. Ibay showed up. When It was our turn Lance got all suited up, doesn't he look so cute!! haha!! I don't know why he didn't just wear scrubs but whatever!! Anyway, they wheeled me back and gave me my epidural and a few minutes later I heard my sweet baby cry for the first time! Oh how I love that sound!! It is so weird having a c-section and not really being able to see what is going on behind the sheet, I can't even really tell when the baby is out so I LOVE to hear that first little cry!!

These are some gooey pictures but since this is my blog and it is private I can post anything I want.. haha!! This is right when she was getting pulled out! The first little cry!!

Dr. Ibay cutting the cord.

Dr Ibay holding her up so Lance can get a good picture of her! I still had not really seen her at this point but I could still hear her crying and that is all I cared about at this point! Dr. Ibay was so great!! He had asked us earlier in the pregnancy if Lance wanted to assist him during the c-section. I decided I would prefer that he be by me and hold my had. He did however have him come over and check things out before he closed me up, more specifically my uterus and how it was holding up after three c-sections. I am so glad Lance is able to see for himself now and we don't have to rely purely on what other people tell us anymore.

Madden Elizabeth Wehrle. 7 lbs 6 oz. She was measured at 17.5 inches long but when I went to her first pediatricians appointment she measured in at 21 inches... there is no way she had grown that much in 12 days!! Obviously she was mismeasured so who knows how long she really was! We did think 17.5 was pretty funny, seeing as even Elliott who was 6 weeks early was 18.5!! We just thought she must have had the Taylor genes in her! haha.

Me seeing my perfect baby girl for the first time!! I loved my anesthesiologist this time!! He was awesome!! He didn't strap me down to the table so I was free to move my arms and love my baby girl!! She was so cute and wide eyed looking all around. It took everything in me not to reach over with my other hand and take her away from the nurse!

Still loving my little baby!! It was so nice that all of the nurses knew Lance! I happened to ask Lance if he had held the baby yet and he said no, not yet. The nurse then told me that they were not allowed to let the dads hold the babies in the OR... but then she let Lance hold her anyway! She was so funny, she kept saying, I can't believe I am letting you hold her, I never let anyone hold their babies here!! It was so cute to see Lance old her, he loves his little girls!
Me in recovery. I HATE recovery!! I am always so sick and throwing up and shaking so bad I can't stand it so to say I was dreading this part is an understatement!! I shouldn't have been worried, recovery was great this time! I had no nausea at all and very little shakes. In fact, I just slept while Lance called and told everyone our good news!! It was so nice!! This is also where Lance told me we could name our little sweetie MADDEN!! I was so happy! I had pretty much given up on that name even though I had wanted it my whole pregnancy! Lance did not like it and we had pretty much agreed the night before that we would name her Lincoln. I was so shocked when lance said if it would make me happy we could name her Madden!! Well... I am so happy so thank you babe!!
Aren't these brand new ooey gooey pictures so funny!! Her cheeks look so chubby and she really doesn't have chubby cheeks, so cute!

After what felt like FOREVER I was finally able to hold my baby girl!! I am still amazed at how much you can love a little baby!! She is so perfect!!
Feeding Madden her first bottle. She ate so good... she at over an ounce at her first feeding!!
After letting us recover for a few hours, my mom and dad went and checked Elliott out of school and brought the girls up to meet their new baby sister!! I don't even have to describe how excited they both were, the pictures speak for themselves!! Rya is sooo happy in all of her pictures, she has the biggest best cheese on her cute face!!
This is one of my favorite pictures ever!! They love to sit and just look at her!! I am so lucky to have these three girls!!


Me and my girls and grandma swim swim in the back.

I LOVE that face Rya babe!! Such great big sisters!
Grandma Robison holding Madden for the first time. I love that this is my mom's eighth grandchild and you would think it was her first!! She is still so excited and such a huge help to me!! I love my mom!!
My mom and three of her baby girls. My parents have 8 grand kids, 7 of which are girls!! haha!! We must just make pretty girls right!!

Grandma and Grandpa with sweet Madden!!
Daddy changing Madden's first poopy diaper! Too bad we didn't count how many wipes he had to use, Madden just kept pooping and peeing, every time he thought he she was done more would start coming out!! Haha!! What a GREAT daddy!! Yep, I love this guy!!

Rya really wanted to feed the baby but I didn't really trust her to hold her and feed her at the same time yet so Elliott fed while Rya held... perfect, and they did it without fighting!! What miracle is this???
Our first family of five family picture!! Yes I know I look super hot right but the rest of my family is perfect!! How can I deserve all this?? I am so happy!!
This is my sweet baby on day 2!! I love her little puffy frog eyes!! She was the best easiest baby in the hospital! She was so content to just lay there. She never cried unless she was hungry or poopy. We kept telling everyone she was so super easy!! The nursery nurses loved her and I don't think they wanted to give her back to me in the morning after having her all night... not that I can blame them!!

Dr. Wehrle had me up and walking by 5:00 that first night... yes, she was born at 8:09!! With my other two girls I wasn't even moving my legs at that point let alone even thinking about walking!! He kept telling me I needed to get up so I could go home. Because I was up and moving my nurse thought it would be a good idea to take my catheter out at midnight. Why midnight I have no idea since I didn't sleep at all that night because I had to get up at pee every second... and it took forever since I was still moving pretty slow!! Oh well, by the morning I was wire free, no more cords to deal with when the kids came to sit with me or when I was trying to hold Madden!! Oh happy day!!

I was able to get up and get showered and dressed in my own clothes the next day, I felt like a whole new woman!! haha!! Lance went and picked up my mom and the girls and brought them back up the next day (my dad and grandma ended up leaving early so they could miss the big storm coming in). I LOVE Rya's smile in this picture!!

Me and all my girls!! awwwww. this is what makes me happy!!
The girls were really worried Lance didn't come home to sleep. They couldn't figure out where he slept until he showed them his secret bed in the couch! They thought it was so cool and wanted to keep pulling it out! Amber and Jackie brought me up dinner that night and came to hold our sweet baby!! It was so fun to visit with them and share our new baby!! Brittany also came up several times since she was just at the hospital working. Thanks so much for the visits girls!!
We were released from the hospital on Saturday afternoon. Lance and I were both very ready to be home and out of the hospital. I had to have Lance pick up me perscriptions when we got home because I was still feeling a little uncomfortable, this is a first for me. I am usually feeling great by the time i leave the hospital... oh well, I am an old lady now and things take longer to heal!! When we got home we had barley sat down and got another fun surprise!! Lacey and Blake showed up at our house!! We had no idea they were coming to see us and it was such a great surprise!! Cute Lace holding Madden!! Balke was funny and didn't want to break her so there are no pictures of him!! haha!

WE ARE HOME!!! It felt so nice to be home but I did really miss my hospital bed that first few nights. It was so hard to get into my bed and lay down, again I am old I guess!! haha!

This picture is when Madden is 4 days old!! haha! I love it!! Madden is a really good baby and doesn't really cry much but when she does she can get pretty worked up!! I love having a few pictures of my babies crying so I know that they aren't always so perfect!!

This is a more typical Madden. She sleeps most of the day... not most of the night haha!! She will sleep on the couch of in her bouncer or in her bed. She doesn't reallt care about noise or people loving her all the time! I am so happy have this sweet beautiful baby girl to love at my house!! I have a million pictures to go through so there will be many more posts to follow!!


5 comments:

robandkayla said...

Oh Lacey she is just perfect!!!! This is such a great post!! I am so happy for you guys :) I can't wait to meet her. Congrats!!

Chelsey said...

oh man I already love her! I can't even wait to see her and all of you!!!! Couple weeks...keep that little Madden little for me! Oh and I love the one that Mom is holding her and she is like looking at the camera with her eyes wide open!

Grand Pooba said...

You're an expert at makin those things!!!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations you two!!!! You have a beautiful family!!!!

Suzanne said...

Lacey, Your girls are darling!! Elliott and Rya are getting so big and little Madden is so stinkin cute. I'm so happy for you!! Love and miss ya!