CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Edit....?

Lance and I have been reading Elliott the book of Mormon stroies for about a year now and she really likes it. One of us reads to her before bed. I have always thought a lot of it may be over her head or that maybe she isn't fully listening.... until this.....
Elliott and I were having lunch the other day and she says," mom, I need to be really good or the nephites are going to kill me and cut my head off!" ummm.... what?! I have always thought some of the stories were a little violent to be reading to my three year old but it is the Book of Mormon right. Well, I told Lance about it that night and he is like, "uh, haven't you been editing a little?" oopppps! From now on I will be a little more selective about what parts I read her, although, the damage has probably already been done!

7 comments:

The Webber's said...

Lace -
This is HILARIOUS!!! We have the same problem at our house - We read that for family scripture time since that is about as much as Logan can handle, and sometimes Darren and I will look at each other and think "Are we REALLY going to read this to our 2 year old?" I am pretty sure the Book of Mormon would be a rated R movie! The pictures in that book are pretty graphic too! It is funny though that whenever Logan sees someone with no shirt, he immediately says that they are a Lamanite. I guess he is learning SOMETHING right? I am glad that he listens on occasion!

Amy said...

I'll have to remember that for the future! How funny!

Dennem and Piper said...

I'm seriously laughing so hard! That is totally something I would do! I would just be thinking... Well, it's The Book of Mormon, so it's gotta be good, right!?! LOL! I do kind of remember being scared to read it at night when I was little though! Go figure!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

How the hek are you? Your family is so cute! We are doing the school thing too, I can understand your dread of Lance going back! Alright, the BOM thing is hilarious! Stay in touch.

Bryce and Janica said...

Who would have ever thought that Lance would have been the reasonable parent in your relationship? Certainly not me. I guess that's what makes for a good marriage, and even better parenting, we definitely do need each others help and opinions on certain occasions, go fig!

Melissa said...

That kills me!! It is so funny how kids interpret things. I just about die with some of the things that come out of Ryker's mouth. They have their own little take on everything. Kids are listening and picking up on more than we think! I'm impressed with your good parenting... So righteous with the reading of the Book of Mormon stories!! You guys are so cute!

Kimberly said...

Lacey, that is so funny about Rya; I'm always amazed by what kids pick up. It's crazy that year 2 is here. Good luck with everything. Hopefully, we'll be able to see you guys sometime this century. At least we can keep up through your blog.