I have been meaning to put Elliott in swimming lessons forever and I finally did it! I am so glad I did! She loves the water and swimming but she is very shy about putting her face in the water and she HATES to be splashed! I am a firm believer in swimming lessons. I am not trying to turn my kids into Michael Phelps but I do want them to be confident in the water and be able to save themselves if there is a problem. Elliott has a long way to go but she is doing great and she improved so much in just two weeks.
Originally I only signed Elliott up for lessons because I wanted to watch her but after the first day of sitting in 110 degrees and chasing Rya all over and trying to keep her out of the water I decided to put Rya in the mommy and me class that was held at the same time. Rya is a total fish in the water and she loves to be in it! It was so nice to be in the water and watch Elliott at the same time. We didn't do much but sing a few songs and play with toys in Rya's class but it was still well worth the money!
Here is Elliott doing some kicks using the kick board!
Elliott just coming up from udder the water. If any of you have been swimming with Elliott you know that us a huge thing!! She had to do between 5 and 10 "bobs" in the water everyday and she is very good at it now!
Mommy and Rya playing with toys. This is basically all we did! We had so much fun doing swimming lessons. I bought Elliott some goggles when she finished her lessons and she can't wait to use them and look under the water! I would really like to put her in one more session this year so she doesn't forget everything before next summer!
Monday, August 18, 2008
swimming lessons
Posted by Wehrle at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Way to jump in that water with your girls Lacey. Looks like your girls really are little fish's. I really do think that you should consider getting them on a training program like Michael Phelps, hopefully with yours and Lance's height and drive they could make you a lot of money, something to think about!
Post a Comment