We took the girls up to Powder Mountain to ski and it was so much fun! My girls are absolutely amazing... I have to say that right at the beginning! They both did so great I can't believe it, they must have their daddy's blood! Elliott has been up a few times before but this was Rya's first time going!
Right before we were getting on the lift.... Rya was not wanting her picture taken but I think she looks even cuter doing that!! Don't they look so cute in all their ski gear... It is amazing what you have to gather up to play in the snow!! Especially since we don't have anything because we live in Vegas! Thanks to everyone who let us borrow things!
Mommy and Elliott, that's right, this old lady can still make it down the hill!
Ski patrol Papa and little miss Rya! Grandpa is so awesome to get us passes all the time!! Skiing is so expensive and we couldn't do it with him!! Thanks so much Ron! And thanks for spending your day with us and helping the girls, good thing he was there because I wasn't much help... although I was a pretty good cheerleader for my babies!
This is how the day started. Rya was being helped down the hill and she was content letting them kind of hold her... but that did not last long!
Elliott so good! She went down the hill all by herself and she is so good at making her pie and making her turns! I am sure she will pass me up after she has been a few more times!
And this is crazy Rya after a run or two! She wanted to do it by her self... surprise surprise right!! My little miss independent! She would get going so fast and we would all be yelling at her to make her pie, which she was okay at doing, and then she would crash and Lance or Ron would try to help her up and she would get mad and say she could do it herself... and then she would take off again! Crazy girl!
Her is my more cautious one, she did so great though! She was in such good control that I don't think she even fell!
Taking a hot chocolate break. It was FREEZING the day we went! I was wearing two hats and my head was still cold! I felt bad for the girls but they never complained! I had them pretty layered, good thing too because in the shade I thought my face, and theirs, were going to freeze off!
Grandpa and Rya on the lift! Rya thought this was pretty cool!
Daddy and Elliott self portrait on the lift! nerds.
Me all by my lonesome! This is how I always road up, I wasn't very good at helping the girls get off the lift! Lance and Ron ski better backward than I do forward so I let them take care of the girls!
This is how we ended the day. Ron got a rope from the ski patrol room and we tied a little leash on Rya, to bad we didn't think of it sooner! It worked great! She still thought she was going by herself but Lance didn't have to chase her down every few minutes. They slowed her down without her knowing it!! What a fun day we had! I wish we could have made it a few more times before coming back to Vegas! Even though it was seriously freezing the girls were not ready to stop. They both cried and Rya had a huge melt down when it was time to be done! Crazy girls! I am glad they liked it and had so much fun!I have always thought skiing was just okay, I go up once or twice a year and that is plenty for me... but now, if I can keep going with my girls I may be more willing to go up, I had a blast!! Thanks again Ron!! We loved it!! I have a ton of video that I don't know how to post so I will try to do it later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment