CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Lucky Me!

If you would have told me 10 years ago that I would be where I am today I am not sure I would have believed you! I am just so lucky to be married to Lance! We will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary tomorrow and I just want to tell him how much I love him! When I look back over the past years we have done a lot. We have both finished college and have two beautiful girls! We have lived in 4 different houses, in four different cities! I am so proud of Lance today especially! He has officially completed his first year of medical school! what an awesome thing to say! It has been some really long hard hours and several nights of no sleep. All the while though he has always put us first. He is here everyday and spends as much time as he can with me and the girls, often times not studying until we are all in bed. I know he is doing this all for us and we love him so much for it! I know he is sacrificing a lot for us and our future! I am so excited to have the summer off to spend as much time as we can with him before we do it all again next year!
Lance is the BEST dad! It is so easy to see how much his girls love him! When he walks in the door they both get so excited! They both want to sit with him and play with him. Elliott especially loves all the things she gets to do with dad, flying his plane or driving his car, catching bugs in the backyard or learning to ride her bike! He is always home to help me put the girls to bed and have family prayer. He is constantly telling the girls he loves them and giving them unlimited hugs and kisses! We couldn't ask for a better dad!
He is also the best husband and my best friend! I have known Lance a long time, we met our first day of high school. We were friends for so long before we were married that I can honestly say he is my very best friend. We have so much fun together and there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't make me laugh! He can turn any bad situation into something good or even funny! He listens to me complain and whine and vent and he always comes up with a way to calm me down and make me feel better.He makes me feel good and makes me feel like I am the best mom in the world, which we all no is far from the truth! He makes me feel beautiful even when I am in my gym clothes or PJ's! He helps me around the house even though he is busy. He never complains when I give him lists of honey-dos on the weekends! All he wants is for me to be happy , and as long as I am married to him I will be! Who could ask for anything better! I am so blessed to be married to him for eternity!
I love you Honey...Happy Anniversary!!

8 comments:

Tiff and Chris said...

Happy Anniversary! Thats such a sweet husband and what a nice post to write about him. I thought he looked familiar...I was pretty sure he was one that was around you always around in high school :)

blair and maisy said...

That was such a sweet post! Isn't it a relief to have the 1st year done? -phew! I can't believe how similar we are. We've lived in 4 places & cities too, we had our 5 year anniversary at the end of last year, we have 2 kids, & Blair is a sweetie also. We love you guys!

Kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. 5 years has gone by fast. Congrats to Lance on making it through the first year of school.

Chelsey said...

Hey, I was just getting on to tell you guys happy anniversary and here you have a whole blog about it. Now Kurt is going to wonder why I didn't do a whole blog about how great he is!!! (He is great though). Congrats to Lance for 1 year under the belt, we knew he could do it! Love you all and we miss you.

Amy said...

Have a good anniversay, you guys! That was so nice to read those sweet things about Lance! I'm glad you guys have each other!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

CONGRATS! YOU HAVE MADE MANY ACCOMPLISHMENTS THIS FAR AND I KNOW THERE WILL BE MANY MORE. YOU ARE A GREAT COUPLE WITH A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY.

Kristin said...

Hey guys! Happy Anniversary!
Where has the time gone?
Congrats to Lance on Med School,he will do great..
:)

redjax said...

Hey Lace! I was hoping that my blog would be forwarded to everyone since i lost all of my addresses when we changed computers at work. Your blog is dang cute, congrats on your anniversary! Im coming up on 8 years in August - that is for dang ever! Email me your email, mine is jackie.larsen@ssa.gov
love ya!!!!