First off let me say that we LOVE having visitors come to our house! This weekend we were so lucky and EXCITED to have my sister Gentry, Aunt G, come stay with us. Elliott was excited for days before she got here and that is all she could talk about! Since I am still new to this whole blogging thing I don't know how to arrange my pictures the way I want them so they are a little out of order... Sorry! WE did a lot of fun things while Gen was here. These first two pictures are actually the last thing we did. We went over to Sunset park and fed the ducks! I can't believe how many people were there! They were having some big boy scout sleep over in tents at the park thingy.... who knows, but there were people everywhere!! We had never been to this park and Elliott had so much fun feeding the ducks her bread. We did come away with a few war wounds from the mosquitoes though... ouch!!
The park has a huge... really it is huge.... pond where you can feed the ducks and you can go right up to the edge and see the water. I felt like Elliott was going to wind up to throw some bread and land in the water so we ended up over by the railing where it was a little safer!
Gen flew in on her Birthday...,. The big 19!! Yea! HAPPY BIRTHDAY G!!! We picked her up from the airport and took her to Macaroni Grill for dinner for her birthday, I know not a very fun gift, what can I say, we are in Med school! Anyway, after dinner we went back to the house and had cake and ice cream. We had so much fun making her a cake! Too bad it has been so long since I have made a cake it didn't look to great! Oh well, I need to practice I have two birthdays this summer I will need to make cakes for!!
Elliott and Gen blowing out the candles, Elliotts favorite part of course. hmmmmm..... I wonder what G wished for?!!
Lance was really lucky and got out of school early on Friday so we headed up to the Lake (Mead). It is soon becoming one of our favorite things to so here! The weather was perfect.. like 80 or so! The water was still a little chilly for me but I did venture in a little. Lance, Elliott and Lance had fun playing Frisbee in the water and playing around. We have figured out the best way to keep Rya out of mischief is to ring up the pack n' play. I know it sounds mean but she really does like it and she eats a lot less rocks and dirt!! I don't have to spend my whole time pulling them out of her mouth!! ewww Rya!!
Elliott is doing her favorite thing.. collecting sea shell! This is what she spends most of the time doing every time we go up to the beach... or to the lake front and hailey tells me to say, I guess it's not a beach since it isn't the ocean?!! I don't know! Anyway...... We have a big bucket full of shells in the garage that she insists on filling up higher and higher with each trip! Whatever!
Gen also wanted to go up to the Las Vegas Temple. She really wanted to do baptisms but we waited to long and didn't really find a babysitter for the girls, next time G!! We did go up and walk around and take a lot of fun pictures. Elliott loves to go up there and keeps asking when she can be big enough to go in there! That is such a hard thing to explain to a 3 year old! She love to sing "I love to see the temple" the whole drive up, how cute!! Oh, and ignore the panties Elliott is showing you, we are still working on sitting like a lady when we wear a dress!!We had so much fun with Gentry here! We were all sad to see her go! Poor Elliott cried the saddest cry the whole way home from the airport! I felt so bad. Then today when she woke up she asked if G was back yet... SAD!! Anyway, we can't wait to see her again soon when we go visit this summer! Good luck in Africa Gen we are so proud of you for going and we know you are going to have so much fun!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!




4 comments:
I think Gentry looks like Chelsea so much...at least the last time I saw Chelsea. Thats so much fun to have visitors, especially family.
We went to Lake Mead last month! When Sebastian was younger, the pack and play was our best friend at the beach!
The cake looks great Lacey, you are so talented. You have really adjusted to the stay at home mom thing. I hope that I can be as motivated as you are and always doing such fun stuff with your kids. I find myself just sitting around a lot instead of teaching Logan. Tell Lance he is a lucky man to have you, I am sure he already knows. Love ya.
What do you mean your cake didn't look great-- it looked awesome! I think I might order my cakes through you now.
Post a Comment