I have had one of those weeks. You know the ones when you start counting down to bed time at 5:30! I HATE BLOCK WEEK!!! I know I should not complain because I am not the one who has to take them but I still hate them! I am always so stressed and grouchy and by Friday I am ready to run away and hide! My kids must either feel the stress or just pick up on something because they are always extra whiny and throw more tantrums and are just overall way more emotional!
The highlight of the week happened yesterday. I went to the gym with my friend Maisy. When we come back out to the car with the kids I go to give Rya a drink from her sippy cup.... but wait, where is my diaper bag? YES! Someone broke into Maisy's car, ripped the whole door handle off and stole my diaper bag! That is the only thing they took, luckily! Now I know I should not complain, it could have been a lot worse, it could have been my purse or Maisy's or they could have tried to take the CD player or something. However, I am very mad because you know they figured out it was a diaper bag and they just dumped it somewhere! Did I mention I made this diaper bag and it had all my church stuff in it plus several books?! Yes it is all replaceable but how annoying!!On a side note: the police here must get calls like this a million times a day because they won't even come to your car and write a report for you unless there is a description of the suspect! Is this normal?! I guess they figure they will never catch them so why bother! Okay, I am done complaining.. if any of you are still readying after all that whining I am about to get to the good.....
I dropped Elliott and Luke off at Preschool this morning and ran to the grocery store. Rya was a NIGHTMARE! She cried and freaked out pretty much the whole time. I think by the time we got to the register I had opened at least five things for her to munch on as we shopped, which was not helping. I get out to my car and I am pushing my cart and carrying her at this point and she is FREAKING OUT! Oh I forgot I was supposed to be done whining! Anyway I am trying to unload all the groceries into my car while holding this temper-tantrum screaming child when this cute little old man comes over and just starts unloading my groceries for me!!! He's like, it looks like you could use a hand! I was so embarrassed but sooo grateful!! He even took my cart back to the cart return for me! I buckled Rya up and cried the whole way home! I knew there were still good people in Vegas!!!





6 comments:
You see my friend that is the great thing about a blog! You can celebrate the great days in life, and complain until you turn blue...and it is OK! It is your blog, and you can whine if you want to!!! :) It is like an online shared journal! Life is certainly not always easy! Especially with little kids!!! Don't feel too badly, we have ALL had those days with psycho kids! Lately Sam has been like that at the store, so irritating/embarrassing/annoying/frustrating!! I sooooooooo understand! :)
Oh Lace it sounds like you had a Chelsey day. I have a couple of video clips of some of my "fun" days. All the girls will be screaming and I can't possibly comfort them all at the same time so I start with one and then go to the next, and then the next! Also, how the heck were you carrying Rya during a temper tantrum, she probably was breaking your arm. Anyway, I can't believe what a great mom you are to your kids, they are so lucky to have you and some day when Lance is done with school, it will all be worth it! Love ya!
Oh what a sweet little old man, and what a sucky day! Sorry about your diaper bag at least you know how to make another one if you want to. I love it when people vent on their blogs, it makes me feel better when I am complaining about bad days. By the way I think that makinlee has rya for christmas so start thinking of what she can get her K. Love you!
Oh Lacey... that sweet story just broke my heart. Hang in there. I experienced the whole never having my husband home, and am still having issues with it. Jesse is a first year resident. So next time you are having a moment you better call me and we can vent together!!
I'm mad that those jerks stole your diaper bag and ruined my car- and in broad daylight! Of course it had to happen on block week when we were already stressed out.
Lace- Sounds like you had some good times! :) I just have to try and remind myself that someday I might miss those crazy frustrating days. And that through it all they really are worth it. Keep your head up and remember you are a great mom.
Post a Comment