CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Valley of Fire...

We had so much fun this weekend at Valley of Fire!! We went up with five other families. We had never been there before and it was so cool! We reserved the big group site and it was one of the nicest camp site I think I have ever stayed at! The kids had so much fun climbing all over the rocks and playing in the sand! The weather was so beautiful, especially in November! I think I was the only one who got cold... but I am always cold camping! This is a picture of our cool campsite! Kind of a boring picture!Elliott and her new friend Peyton! Kate and Ethan crashed before they had a chance to do marshmellows so Elliott and Peyton did them by themselves. They roasted so many I can't believe they didn't have a gut ache!

We had lunch at this cool group of rocks called seven sisters. Rya was too busy playing to sit with me and eat so here she is with a roll.... covered in red dirt! YUM!

This is also at seven sisters. The kids had so much fun climbing all over the rocks! I was a little nervous when Elliott would climb up to the top of some of the high ones but she seemed to do okay! I love the red rocks! It reminds me of when I lived in St. George!

Here is Lance and Elliott. They went on a "hike" to the mouse tank. Rya fell asleep in the 2 minute drive from out camp site to the hike so I didn't go. Jen stayed back with me too since the twins also decided it was nap time. They said they had fun and it looks like it was pretty neat!

Did I say the kids were having fun climbing on the rocks... Ya, Lance was too! He used to be really into rock climbing but neither of us have done it for years now. He was pretty proud that he could still do it!
Elliott climbed up into this fun little cave. What a cool place!!

The babies wanted to climb up too! I should have taken a picture of how high they actually climbed up by themselves. I was impressed! Rya is pretty mad because she can't get any high! Oh my little climber! Side note: All the babies are about the same age and they had so much fun playing together! Gentry and Wilson are the oldest, the Beckam and Klayte are next and then Rya is right behind! I was a little nervous to have so many babies but they all did great!!

Lance and I in front of Fire canyon! Seriously one of the coolest places I have seen!The picture doesn't do it justice!

We tried to get a family shot but Elliott was about two seconds from being asleep in my arms!
We had so much fun this weekend and I can't wait to go back! Thanks so much Jen and Nate for the invite!








4 comments:

The Webber's said...

Lace -
Looks like so much fun! I think this is the best time of year to do Valley of Fire. We really liked it there! I am a little jealous since we are now FREEZING! We went to the Real Salt Lake game the other night, and I had to bust out THERMALS! I haven't worn those since college! Don't you love all that red dirt? We came home with so much of it!

Robison Fam. said...

Looks like we missed a really fun time. I guess there is always next time right? Glad you guys had fun!

Megs said...

I love the great outdoors pics of your girls, how sweet! Josh was preparing some dumb presentation all day Saturday...*sigh* Ah, I miss weekends that equate to a break! I am so glad that you got out of this hole of a city! :) I think we are going to the theater at the Fiesta? I was told that a bunch of people from the ward were going by Maisy, and she picked me up a ticket too. Are you in that group? I hope you are! I am waaaaay excited! :)

Terry and Amber Andrews said...

Valley of Fire was alot of fun. We will have to do it again for sure. Hopefully there won't be as much wind.