CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Big Girl...Big Bed!!

Rya is getting so big! I don't have a baby anymore... nursery and now this!! We picked up Elliott's old toddler bed while we were home for Christmas and brought it back down with us. I have been waiting for her to get over all her little colds before trying her in her big new bed. Last night was the night! She did really well! I had to go in there a few minutes after I put her in because I think she was really confused! I put her back in her bad and told her this was her new bed and that was that! I did however make one mistake... I left her door open a crack when I went to bed and she was up at 6:30 and in our room! I am going to have to remember to keep that shut!Putting her to bed! I know, I look lovely! Look at all those toys in the background! I need to move them so she doesn't think it is play time. I also still have the crib up just in case, although I am sure I will take it down in a few days!
This is how we found her when Lance and I headed off to bed! I think she needs a pillow!I am so glad the transition is going so well... keep your fingers crossed! Next up... binky!

I do have to say I went to check on her today during her nap and she was under her crib sleeping, sorry no pictures! You will just have to believe me when I say it was hilarious! She will figure it out! Oh and for all you who think I am crazy to put this crazy wild child in a bed she can get in and out of her self... I had no choice! I caught her twice standing on the rail of her crib! It was either a broken neck or complete freedom.... it really was a hard choice! But I keep telling myself Elliott was even younger when I put her in her bed and she did great! I hope she follows her example!
YAY RYA!!!

7 comments:

Chelsey said...

Go Rya! She has a much shorter fall in this bed than she would in the crib! Love you all and miss ya.

blair and maisy said...

I can just picture her balancing on the rail of the crib :) That is so cute how you found her that 1st night.

ashley said...

Laughing so hard at her sleeping under her bed! And I was thinking you really were crazy until I remembered how early you put Elliot in a big girl bed and how well she did. And really, I don't blame you- balancing on the crib rail! She definitely takes after you and Lance, little climber baby! Hey, now that you have an empty crib, does that mean you are going to be filling it with a little mini mini one sometime in the near future? I'm just askin':)

Pitcher family said...

Well she did a lot better than I thought she would, crazy child. Funny that she was under the crib, Makinlee did that once too. I tried to take her picture but she woke up and started crying when I came in with the camera.

Megs said...

Isn't it weird how emotional it is to move them to a 'big bed'!! We had to move Sam this summer because Izzy was on the way- and he has taken to it well. Except for the fact that now when he doesn't want to sleep...noone sleeps...especially ME since he crawls in MY bed...*sigh*!
I understand about Rya's stunt-baby performance, I had to move Emily to a toddler bed when she was barely two because she was crawling out of the crib, down the doll-house to the floor...until one day the dollhouse was moved over too far and she fell on her butt! It is really amazing that we (us Moms) aren't totally crazy...unless we ARE crazy, and we are just to far gone to know it! :D
ha!

Jennifer Lee said...

How is the big girl bed going? I cant wait to see you and your girls next month. I think I'll be at the Encore, do you want to bring them over to the pool or just hang?

The Webber's said...

I totally forgot that you went private and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting updates anymore. Looks like you guys have been busy! I keep thinking about switching Rylee to a big girl bed, but I am chicken! Logan was in a big boy bed at 18 months, but he was climbing out and I was almost due with Rylee. She has never tried to climb out of her crib...yet! I think she will be a crazy girl at night! You'll have to give me some pointers!