*Warning: This is a long post!*
Christmas was so fun this year! Elliott was old enough to know what was going on and Rya was just excited seeing all the lights, decorations and of course "ho, ho ho!" Every time she saw Santa she would get so excited and say "ho, ho ho" until we couldn't see him anymore! This was our first Christmas away from home and just as a family. Lance and I decided it was time we start our own traditions, Elliott is starting to ask too many questions to risk traveling back and forth with all those presents! It was a little weird to be away from everyone but it was really nice also. We had so much fun and I have to admit it was much more relaxing just hanging out on Christmas day. We did miss a lot of Christmas parties and we were sad about that since we didn't get to see any of our extended family! Anyway... this is what we did!
We make ginger bread houses every year and this year was no exception! We actually made this house at the beginning of December but I never posted about it. Grandma Wehrle sent the girls these super cute ginger bread man aprons and a ginger bread house kit. Don't the girls look cute!!
They came with these funny little hats and Rya kept pulling hers on and off.... oh and over her eyes!
Look at that serious face! My parents were in town when we made these so we had some extra help. It was a good thing too since we had a hard time getting the house to stand, I needed an extra pair of hands!
Grandma helping put some frosting on!
Rya got in on the action! She was watching pretty good and then decided she better get on the table! She mostly ate the candy but she did try to put a few pieces on too. She was covered in frosting when we were done so I had to through her in the sink after for a quick bath!
The finished product! Elliott was so proud! She was pretty upset when a few days later half the house was missing since we were all snacking on it! Thanks so much Grandma Wehrle for sending all the cute Ginger bread stuff and for Grandma Robison's help putting it all together! What a great way to get us in the Christmas mood!
On the 23rd we had a night dedicated to our savior. We read the Christmas story and we talked about the true meaning of Christmas. We also watched a short little video about his birth. I am so amazed at how much Elliott already knows, I am sure that has a lot to do with her awesome teacher Sister Hart... Thanks Vanessa you are so great with those little sunbeams! anyway, after that we made cookies and frosted them. We made way too many and I had to freeze half of them!
Here is Elliott helping mommy do all the frosting! She was so funny with the sprinkles, every inch had to be covered or she just kept dumping it on. I know Santa really liked those cookies!
On Christmas Eve we got up and had breakfast at Sunset station, I know it sounds ghetto but we love the buffet there, only breakfast! We of course stuffed ourselves so we didn't want to eat the rest of the day! Later that day we went to build a bear and let the girls build their own bears... well, Elliott picked a hello kitty and Rya picked an elephant! They had so much fun picking all the clothes out for them ,Elliott especially had too many things to choose from! While we were gone we had a special visit from Papa Elf! The girls were so excited but they were sad they missed him! He left the girls their pajamas and hungry hungry hippos for the family to play!
Here we are reading the note he left for us!
Elliott loves this game and we didn't have it... great idea papa elf!! We played this for quite a while!

Even Rya can play this game! She mostly likes to steal all the marbles that the hippos are trying to eat though! Don't you love Lances face in this picture.. what a nerd! I love him!

Here are the girls with their build a bears! I don't think Elliott has let hers out of her sight since we got them!
Look at that face!! Elliott was sooo excited for Santa to come. She kept telling me when she heard his sled land she was going to just out of bed and let him in the door. She was disappointed she slept through it. Notice the Hello kitty still in arms!

Here we are checking out our stockings! Elliott got a lot of candy, a watch, some panties and some stars for her ceiling! Rya got a little candy and fruit snacks and some necklaces and a book. I got some gym shorts.. thanks Santa! Daddy got some candy and some clamps... those weren't really there but they were supposed to be and they are still coming! Oops!

The girls checking out their favorite present... a tramp!!! They were sooo excited, well, mostly Elliott, but she was excited for both of them!

Here are the girls checking out all the gifts, Santa went a little over board as usual!
Elliott with her sleeping beauty horse, she wanted this so bad!

Rya with her guitar, she is happy with anything with music!

Elliott posing with all her presents. She got a cupcake maker, a puppy vet kit, sleeping beauty horse, some walkie talkies, a Hannah Montana barbie, leapfrog DVD, a cash register and some new shoes. (I think I named everything!)
Her is Rya with all her gifts, she was too busy checking them out to pose for me. She got, a lot of clothes, a puzzle, and magna doodle, a big stack of books, and her guitar. She wasn't that interested in opening but she was excited to clap for everything!

This is daddy opening is favorite gift, his nail gun and compressor! He also got some much needed dress clothes and settlers of catan game. I got a new bunnies game, quelf, some new clothes and some dishes! We had such a great Christmas this year! We have been so blessed to be able to spend time together and enjoy the time off lance has had! We woke up the next day and headed to Utah!! Stay tuned for that... if you are still around after this LONG post!!

Here we are checking out our stockings! Elliott got a lot of candy, a watch, some panties and some stars for her ceiling! Rya got a little candy and fruit snacks and some necklaces and a book. I got some gym shorts.. thanks Santa! Daddy got some candy and some clamps... those weren't really there but they were supposed to be and they are still coming! Oops!

The girls checking out their favorite present... a tramp!!! They were sooo excited, well, mostly Elliott, but she was excited for both of them!

Here are the girls checking out all the gifts, Santa went a little over board as usual!
Elliott with her sleeping beauty horse, she wanted this so bad!
Rya with her guitar, she is happy with anything with music!

Elliott posing with all her presents. She got a cupcake maker, a puppy vet kit, sleeping beauty horse, some walkie talkies, a Hannah Montana barbie, leapfrog DVD, a cash register and some new shoes. (I think I named everything!)
Her is Rya with all her gifts, she was too busy checking them out to pose for me. She got, a lot of clothes, a puzzle, and magna doodle, a big stack of books, and her guitar. She wasn't that interested in opening but she was excited to clap for everything!
This is daddy opening is favorite gift, his nail gun and compressor! He also got some much needed dress clothes and settlers of catan game. I got a new bunnies game, quelf, some new clothes and some dishes! We had such a great Christmas this year! We have been so blessed to be able to spend time together and enjoy the time off lance has had! We woke up the next day and headed to Utah!! Stay tuned for that... if you are still around after this LONG post!!





5 comments:
Sounds like a great Christmas. I am glad you guys had such a fun time. Your girls faces show it all. Too bad school starts up again tomorrow. Oh Well!
What a great Christmas! I hope you guys enjoyed your time back home. I love being able to follow your blog---you guys have such a cute little family!
I need to find out more about this papa elf thing, maybe we need to start something like that. I didn't know you ended up getting that guitar for Rya, isn't it so cute? Well it looks like you guys had a great Christmas. We miss you already.
I loved my magna doodle! And what is it with guys and power tools? Glad you had a good Christmas, looks like everyone scored!
(I love Rya pulling her hat over her face, and those aprons? Darling!)
Lace -
Looks like you had a great Christmas!!! I'm sure that your girls will love the tramp!!! How fun! I love their gingerbread aprons - How cute! Sorry that we were never able to get together while you were here. I couldn't get everyone together at the same time on New Years Day. We will for sure have to do something next time you are in town!
Post a Comment