CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Washington DC (3)

I seriously have MILLION pictures of DC!!! I am making progress though!! By the third or fourth day Lance and I were getting pretty creative using the metro, we didn't really care what line was coming we jumped on it if it was going in the direction we were headed. Sometimes that meant we had to walk a while. This was one of those times. We didn't mind though because we were able to see a lot of downtown DC and also Chinatown while we walked. Here I am before heading into China town.
Don't ask me why Lance took this picture or even why I am including it. I was having a bit of a wardrobe malfunction with my sock and I didn't want to get a blister with all the walking we were doing.
This was a really cool church in the middle of downtown!! I just LOVE old churches and they were every where!! This is why I need to go to Europe!!
This was one of my very favorite things of the trip, I think I have already said that several time, I loved all of it!! haha!! We went to Ford's Theater and it was SOOOO NEAT!! We sat in the theater that Lincoln was killed in and then went down to the museum and they had all of Lincoln's things and the gun the John Wilkes Booth used to kill Lincoln. Oh seriously it was cool!! I think this may have been Lance favorite thing too! He is not as into history as I am but he was pretty into this!!
The theater that Lincoln was shot in!! They have a ranger come out and tell the story of what happened that night and it was so fun to listen to!! I already knew most of it but how cool is it to hear it while sitting in the exact place that it happened!! Oh no, my nerd is coming out!!
The door to Lincoln's private seat, the door Booth went through to kill Lincoln!
The actual chair Lincoln was sitting in!! Awesome!
A picture of the whole sitting area they were in.
Across the street is the little house Lincoln was taken to after he was shot and later died in. Unfortunately it was closed for some renovating while we were there so we didn't get to go in.
Lance and Lincoln.
The actual gun that killed Lincoln! I can't even tell you how cool it was to be here!! I would love to go back there! They had everything down to Lincoln's bloody pillow (which is actually pretty gross) but wow this place was cool!
Next we walked over to get a good look at the White house, too bad when we got to the fence they closed it and we had to go back across the street. They were setting up for some party on the White House lawns and I guess they didn't want us getting to snoopy!
Wow!! Look how hot my husband is!! Yes I would marry him all over again if I had to!! Muah! Love you babe!
Lance in front of the American Red Cross building.
We had to take this picture because it looks EXACTLY like the car I drove in high school but mine was way cooler because it was YELLOW with racing stripes down the side!! This was back at the American History museum again.

0 comments: