CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Washington DC (4)

Okay I know I said I think that Ford's Theater was my favorite, well, so was this day!! Lance and I were able to go take a tour of the capitol building!! Not only that we were invited to have breakfast with Sen. Harry Reid and have a tour with his staff member!! It was a really neat experience!
Sen Reid. Now I know that most of Nevada HATES Sen Reid but since I Still don't really consider myself a Nevadan I really don't care much about him one way or another. And despite his policies he is a really nice guy. He came over and talked to us and was very personable. He also took a picture with every person in that breakfast and then signed them and mailed them to us. He is the only Senator there that holds a breakfast and does this, that ought to say something??
After we met Sen Reid and ate breakfast we went on a tour. Her I am in front of a statue in the main part of the building.
This place was really neat!
This place that Lance and I are standing on is supposed to be good luck. Every President that has been inaugurated rubs his foot here on the way to being sworn in and he is supposed to have good luck. Maybe me and Lance will be lucky!
Sweet face!!
Every state gets to have one statue in the building, this is Utah's!
Lance and I. This place was really neat, I can't remember if it had a name or not... oops! There were huge pictures all over depicting different times in history, it was really neat.
My handsome hubby!
Sitting on the steps of the Library of Congress.
Lance outside the capitol building.
Me in front of the Supreme Court! Also a really cool place!!
Waiting in line to go inside the court room at the Supreme Court!
WE were able to listen to a little presentation about the Supreme Court while sitting inside. It was really neat, I learned a lot!! I forgot to mention we were able to go and sit in while Congress was in session. We heard a few congressmen speak, including John McCain! It was cool, I could have sat there all day and listened to them blabber on!! Again, I am a BIG TIME nerd!!

1 comments:

Margaret said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I am glad you got the chance especially since your lives seem to be getting busier than ever!!