CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 17, 2011

Washington DC (2)

The great thing about traveling with Lance is he is so easy going! We never had a plan. We would just wake up and talk about what we wanted to do that day and then we would go do it! Neither of us was too worried about it! This day we went to the metro and talked to a lady who was a DC native. We asked her what her favorite museums were and what we should were the MUST SEES. She gave a us a few suggestions but she said we should try and go to the Native American museum and stay for lunch since they had a really cool cafeteria with all Native American food. Honestly we were a little disappointed with this museum. It really could have been sooo cool. It was mainly about what the Native Americans are doing today and not about their history. Oh well. We did stay for lunch and it was pretty cool. They had four or five different tribes represent food from their region. Lance and were boring and I think we both ended up with a Navajo taco or something similar. haha
Me with the capitol in the back ground. The national mall was also very disappointing. The grass looked terrible. It was all dead and patching and dry and gross. And the reflection pond had been drained and they were doing some kind of renovating on it, sad. Oh well.
This was on the steps to the American History museum. I think we spent the most time at this museum. If we ever had a few minutes and nothing to do we would head over there. There was so much to see and I still don't think we ever finished seeing everything.
Lances favorite museum was the museum of Air and Space. Unfortunately I was not feeling very good the day we went there so I wasn't that in to it. This is Lance with the Mars Rover, he thought this was so neat!
I don't remember what this was, I will have to ask Lance. All the space ships and air crafts were huge and they were really cool to see. One of the neatest things here was the original Wright Brothers plane! It was so cool and I would never dare fly in that thing haha!
Me in front of the Washington Monument. We decided not to go in it and up to the top, it was cool to just see it from the outside.
My Lance with the Washington Monument!

The flags at the monument.
This is so typical Lance. We were sitting outside the Washington Monument and looking at the White House and Lance founds this little stone block. He had to go investigate what it was. He was so funny over there checking it out. I don't know that we ever did figure out what it was.
The White House peeking through while we were at the Washington Monument.
Another cool thing we did was go to the Bureau of Engravings to see how they make money. It was really cool to see how the whole process works and see them actually making money! Here is the closest Lance will ever come to seeing one million dollars in cash!!
If you stack up 100$ bills Lance would be worth about 1.7 million dollars haha!
After all that fun we stopped for lunch, no we weren't adventurous that day, we had good old McDonald's haha. It was really fun to sit on the grass at the national mall though and be surrounded by all that cool stuff!! Plus I had a pretty good date with me!

1 comments:

robandkayla said...

You're trip looks like so much fun! I have always wanted to go there! Now I really wanna go after seeing the pics and reading about your trip! I miss you guys :(