CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 14, 2011

Washington DC (5)

This is the last of my DC posts, finally!! We had so much fun and I had so many pictures I just couldn't narrow it down!! Lance is above at the American History museum... again!! There really was just sooo much to see there!
Again one of my very favorite things we did this week was rent segways and go on a monument tour!! OH MY GOSH!! So fun!! I want to buy my own segway some day!! Lance and I had been holding off on seeing any of the major monuments (except the Washington) because we knew we were going on a tour later in the week! Here is Lance trying out the segway for the first time! They took a minute to get used to the feel of them but then they were so fun and so easy to ride anyone could do it!!
We're ready to go!! I know I look so sexy in my bike helmet!
Here are the people who went in our group, I think there were about 8 or 10 of us. Our guide was just a young guy getting ready to go to Law school, he was pretty funny and entertaining!
On our segways in front of the Washington Monument!
Sorry this is such a dark picture, this is Lance at the Jefferson Memorial.
Obviously Lance is a better picture taker than I am, me at the Jefferson.
This is the Roosevelt Memorial. Lance is standing in a bread line. This would have been a really neat memorial but they had the water turned off on most of the fountains so it just looked gross.
Still at the Roosevelt, this fountain was still on!
Lance and I outside the Lincoln Memorial. COOL!
At the entrance to the Lincoln Memorial they have the spot marked out where Martin Luther Kind gave his famous I have a Dream Speech! SO cool!
LINCOLN!! Can you tell I like Lincoln History??
My cute hubby with Lincoln!!
Both of us!
The Vietnam Memorial. This was pretty neat too!
Okay so I can't even remember what this is and I can't seem to delete it!! grrr. Anyway, this is next to the White House. I am pretty sure it is the State House.
Lance and I decided to walk around to the back of the White House and we had a MUCH better view with hardly any people around. I wish we would have been able to tour it but we were denied, sad!
Lance and the White House!
The Korean Memorial. This was kind of creepy. They designed it so no matter where you stood the statues were looking at you.
Lance had been waiting all week to get his picture in from of this Smithsonian Castle. He thought it was sooo cool! We did so many other really cool things that we don't have pictures of. We went to the Holocaust Museum and it was really cool. It was so disturbing but also really neat to see. We also went to a Nationals Baseball game for 5 bucks and had the most crowded metro ride back to hotel ever!! It was fun and crazy! We also did some swimming, relaxing and good eating!! Thanks so much again to our amazing families for watching our three kids while we went!! Thanks you so much Lance for indulging me and humoring my nerdiness while I saw all this amazing history!! I am so glad Lance and I were able to spend some alone time together.. it was very overdue!!

0 comments: