CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mt. Charleston

We finally went to Mt. Charleston last weekend! We have been wanting to go since we moved here and we just never got around to it. We love camping and there just aren't a whole lot of places to go in Vegas.... either that or it is just to hot!! We had so much fun! We went with four other couples and their kids. There were 10 adults and 7 kids under the age of four! It was a little crazy at times but sooo fun! The kids had fun running around with their flashlights and roasting marshmallows! We got up to the camp ground a little late and had just had time to make dinner before it started getting dark! As we were cooking our dinner a cop showed up and told us we couldn't have a fire.. he was soo nice though and let us finish cooking our dinner before putting it out! The next morning we got up and all went on a "kid" friendly hike! The kids all did great but it was a pretty hard hike for them... and me!! It was so pretty at the top and I am glad we made it!
I have a lot of pictures and I should have made a slide show but I didn't want to take the time to do it!! And the pictures got all out of order.. sorry!
Rya and Daddy! This was Rya's first camping adventure and she did great! She had so much fun playing and watching all the kids. I didn't let her get down much though because there was glass all over! Plus I didn't want here to walk into the fire!! She went right to bed in the tent and slept great! What a relief!
Elliott loved making marshmallows and smores but she didn't like eating them!
Getting ready to hike!
Only about 10 minutes into the hike and the kids... and mom's needed a break!
Jackie having singing time with the kids! They loved it! Doesn't Jeremy look excited!
Breakfast time!
Elliott and Luke playing with their flashlights!
At the top of the hike!
Having a snack.
isn't it so pretty! Look at that snow!
Playing in the water!
Walking up the last little bit of stairs... AKA BUTT BURNERS!!! Yikes!
Double-Decker Daddy! Elliott did so great on this hike, she walk almost the whole thing! She was pretty tired the last little but though! She kept telling me she is so strong because she drinks her milk!
Cute!
Poor Rya was so tired she conked out on the way down!
You can't tell but Lance is standing in front of a big pile of dirty snow!
Standing in front of the water fall!
We much fun hanging out and camping with our fun friends! I do have to share a funny story! If any of you have been camping with lance, or if you know him you know something ALWAYS happens when he is around! The campground we were at didn't have toilets, since it wasn't really a camp site. We were all getting ready for bed and Jackie and I decide we need to go to the bathroom. So, we take the headlamp and head out into the darkness so no one can see us!I decide to go first and Jackie is holding the light. All of the sudden there is movement or something in the trees behind me! We both start freaking out like it is an animal and we start running around! hmmm... too bad my pants are down around my ankles! AHHH! Poor jackie! Anyway, that animal turns out to be none other than Lance throwing rocks over in our direction! What a funny guy!GRRR... he was in a lot of trouble by the time we got back! It was pretty funny though!

3 comments:

Amy said...

So adventurous! We have yet to attempt camping with a child. It was hard enough when we went when we just had our dogs!

Cute pictures!

The Webber's said...

Lace -
Mt Charleston is so fun! We always loved going up there, although we never attempted camping. We aren't the greatest campers... Looks like you had fun though! Are you surviving the heat? Guess who I went to lunch with yesterday? The twinners! Funny, huh? It was so fun to catch up!

Chelsey said...

Lace it looks like you guys are having so much fun with Lance out of school! You might want to stay there and continue having fun because things around here are pretty boring. I just sit around all day long, but I am so excited to see you all and Logan will love love love the company and someone to play with besides her sleeping sisters!Can't wait to see you all, and I heard Rya is walking???