Elliott saw Logan painting pumpkins on Chelsey's blog so she has been bugging me to paint pumpkins. I finally gave in and thought we could do it for family night on Monday. I went to the store with Elliott and we picked out four really little pumpkins. This is what happens when you let a one year old run wild with the paint! Most of the pictures are of her because Lance and I were laughing so hard at her!
I should have taken a before and after picture of her but this is really close to the when we started, it didn't take long for her to get like this. Her shirt is all wet because she tried to drink the paint water. Lance being his paranoid doctor self was ready to take her to the doctor or induce vomiting!! Crazy guy!
This is Rya's little pink pumpkin, she started off painting it pretty good. She is very proud of it!
Daddy and his girls. I don't know why Elliott is looking so grumpy in the background she really did have a lot of fun!
My little artist!
As you can see I am now covered in paint! Rya loves to hugs and sit in laps so she got all her paint all over everyone else!
My other little artist! Look at all those colors, she made a rainbow pumpkin! She actually did pretty good.
They look like they are sharing but about two seconds after this Elliott freaked out because Rya ran off with the plate full of paint!
Sweet Legs!!!
The finished product! We had a lot of fun getting really messy! The bath water was black by the time they got out!! I can't wait to see how she does when we carve pumpkins! Yikes!
There are many reasons to live in Vegas... the pumpkin patch is not one of them! When we heard there was a real live pumpkin patch in North las Vegas we had to go! A bunch of us in the ward gathered all the kids and headed up north only to be VERY disappointed when we got there! The lady met us at the gate and let us know they were not charging because they were running really low on pumpkins and all the other products you can pick, she wasn't kidding!! There wasn't a single pumpkin in the so called pumpkin patch!!! Oh well, the kids had fun walking around and we did try to find something to bring home with us!
Here is Rya with her giant squash.... or maybe it is a zucchini! I don't know, there was a lot of whatever this is!
Here I am with Luke, Elliott and Xander. We were checking out the eggplant, there was plenty of eggplant also, I am guessing because no one really eats eggplant do they?!!
Look closely and you will see the lush Green plants.... well, maybe they were at one time, now they are all dried up and brown. I am going to have to say my tiny garden at home is in better shape than this!

Daddy and Rya with all the dead plants in the background! The kids were pretty disappointed but I hope they had fun anyway. I guess we will have to buy our pumpkins at walmart this year!!! We did go home with some really yummy homemade apple cider.... I guess that was worth the 25 minute drive!
I should have taken a before and after picture of her but this is really close to the when we started, it didn't take long for her to get like this. Her shirt is all wet because she tried to drink the paint water. Lance being his paranoid doctor self was ready to take her to the doctor or induce vomiting!! Crazy guy!
This is Rya's little pink pumpkin, she started off painting it pretty good. She is very proud of it!
Daddy and his girls. I don't know why Elliott is looking so grumpy in the background she really did have a lot of fun!
My little artist!
As you can see I am now covered in paint! Rya loves to hugs and sit in laps so she got all her paint all over everyone else!
My other little artist! Look at all those colors, she made a rainbow pumpkin! She actually did pretty good.
They look like they are sharing but about two seconds after this Elliott freaked out because Rya ran off with the plate full of paint!
Sweet Legs!!!
The finished product! We had a lot of fun getting really messy! The bath water was black by the time they got out!! I can't wait to see how she does when we carve pumpkins! Yikes!
There are many reasons to live in Vegas... the pumpkin patch is not one of them! When we heard there was a real live pumpkin patch in North las Vegas we had to go! A bunch of us in the ward gathered all the kids and headed up north only to be VERY disappointed when we got there! The lady met us at the gate and let us know they were not charging because they were running really low on pumpkins and all the other products you can pick, she wasn't kidding!! There wasn't a single pumpkin in the so called pumpkin patch!!! Oh well, the kids had fun walking around and we did try to find something to bring home with us!
Here is Rya with her giant squash.... or maybe it is a zucchini! I don't know, there was a lot of whatever this is!
Here I am with Luke, Elliott and Xander. We were checking out the eggplant, there was plenty of eggplant also, I am guessing because no one really eats eggplant do they?!!
Look closely and you will see the lush Green plants.... well, maybe they were at one time, now they are all dried up and brown. I am going to have to say my tiny garden at home is in better shape than this!
Daddy and Rya with all the dead plants in the background! The kids were pretty disappointed but I hope they had fun anyway. I guess we will have to buy our pumpkins at walmart this year!!! We did go home with some really yummy homemade apple cider.... I guess that was worth the 25 minute drive!




7 comments:
That is too cute! Brantley painted a pumpkin at that babysitters and was a disaster when I picked him up. By the way, my babysitter worked with you and knows you! Her name is Emma Grant. What a small world!
Painting pumpkins, what a cute idea! I don't even want to imagine the bath water...YUCK!
Bummer on the lame pumpkin patch. BTW, I love eggplant. Eggplant parmigiana is so good!
Can't wait to see pumpkin carving pictures next!
Luke has now been bugging me to paint pumpkins.. I am sure Jared would look similar to Rya if we attempt it... The best is that the picture of you and Rya it looks like you aren't wearing any shorts! ;)
Next year we will have to go to the pumpkin patch on October 1st!
I actually tried eggplant for the first time yesterday. I don't know what it's like raw, but cooked it's just like a cooked mushroom.
Wow, you guys have been doing a lot of fun things lately. I'm jealous of your california trip. That's so funny about the pumpkin patch you went to with no pumpkins-missouri should send you some:) Your girls are getting so big and they are so cute. It's fun to see pictures of them. I hope you guys are having a good second year. Chow!
I cant believe how long rya's hair looks in the painting pictures! She just keeps getting so big even when I swear I just saw her. Cant wait to see you again.
Those pics are so cute. Your girls are so cute.I love holloween. The pumpkin seeds are the best when you bake them.
Post a Comment