CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Do the Potty Dance....

Rya is potty trained!! Yay RYA!!!! I tried with her back in October and she wasn't ready yet so we took a little break and tried again in January when we had nothing else to do!!ha! I was really nervous to try with her because she is just sooooo stubborn and I didn't want it to turn into a big fight everyday! Well, her stubborn little independence paid off! She was super easy to train! She was trained in a few days and we had very few little struggles! She is so independent she wanted to do everything herself.... she would run in and go potty without me knowing it and then just call for me when she was done!! Yay Rya!! And, because I am writing this 2 months late, I can say when we went to Utah in February she had some big setbacks! I think she was having too much fun and not getting enough attention and she had several accidents, very frustrating!! But, as soon as we were back home she was good to go again!! What a stinker!! But isn't she so cute!!? Look at that little baby butt!! I just want to pinch it!! This is what her panties look like most of the time!
So cute!
She is so proud of herself!! She says she is not a baby, she is big!

I also have to mention we did this with very little incentives! When I trained Elliott she had a big sticker chart and she got little things along the way and then when it was full she got to have a Woody and Jesse doll. Rya could care less about the stickers and she is to focused on the now to care about a bigger prize in the end. All I gave her was a potty treat (tootsie roll) after she went and she was fine. I did end up buying her a sticker book when she was done because I felt like she deserved something!! I am so proud of her!! What a big girl I have.... no more babies in this house, sad!!




3 comments:

ashley said...

Love the wedgie! I am jealous that she is potty trained. I don't think Jude is going to be ready for a really long time. Sometimes all I do all day is change bums.

St. Jeor Family said...

Way to go Rya! I love the wedgie too. Brantley is super stubborn and he was real easy to potty train too! I guess one plus side to a stubborn kid. When they want to do something they never give up!

Chelsey said...

Oh my Lace! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the baby bootie! She is a girl after my own...butt!