CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hayes Lance Wehrle....

Our little Hayes Lance Wehrle joined our family on December 1, 2013. The day started out early with a 6:00 arrival at the hospital. This was my fourth C-section so I knew the drill. Arrive at the hospital, change in to my gown, answer a  million questions and get poked even more times. I have the worst veins and getting an IV in me is horrible. Once the IV is in things get going pretty quickly!!
I'm not even sure when Lance took this picture. Maybe while I was TRYING to relax while they were digging in my arms for an IV spot. I get all sweaty and anxious while they are doing it. I really think I dread the IV more than the actual C-section.
 

One hot hubby in his daddy outfit. sexy babe!! He ended up changing in to scrubs later and looked a bit more normal! Dr Paul showed up and checked on me a few minutes later. They then moved us in to a more private room to wait the last few minutes before it was time. It is so nice to get a little bit of extra treatment because Lance works for the hospital. I got my own room to prep and recover in which was really nice! When it was time to start they wheeled me down to the operating room where my anesthesiologist was waiting for me. Iv and Spinal blocks are seriously no fun!! I was up on the table leaning over my nurse in crunched up position while I was having contractions and I was supposed to hold still, fun! It took the doctor three tries before my block was set. Not very fun! Now it was officially time!!

 
My sweet boy was born at 8:15 AM he weighed 6 lbs 12 ozs and was 18 inches long.

Unfortunately he was not breathing well when he came out. This picture scares me every time I see it. He was so purple and just not doing well. Shortly after this picture was taken he was taken to the NICU and Lance went with them. He didn't tell me where they were going because he didn't want to worry me. I could see how worried Lance was though so I started getting pretty anxious. We had been through the NICU before with Elliott and I didn't want to go though that again.

Hayes being weighed and measured.

Lots of good crying, at least for a minute.

After Lance and the NICU team left with my baby I laid on the table while Dr Paul tied my tubes and finished stitching me up. I had no idea what was happening to my little Hayes and I was really nervous. When I was done they wheeled me back to my recovery room where Lance came and met me. Hayes was going to stay in the NICU because he had low blood sugar (same thing Elliott was originally admitted for) and he had swallowed some fluid on the way out and had fluid in his lungs. I could see how worried Lance was and I was so sad. Hayes ended up staying in the NICU for 13 hours. It could have been a lot longer but it felt like forever and I wanted to hold my new baby! After he was released we had a few good days in the hospital and we were able to bring our cute boy home!!

0 comments: