CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas Eve...

Yay me!! I am getting really close to being caught up!! Christmas Eve this year was PERFECT!! I have the best family and I love that we have started our own traditions!! I look forward to Christmas Eve every year, it is just as much fun as Christmas for me!! We always go out to an early dinner on Christmas Eve, yay for no cooking or mess to clean up, I this is my gift to me!! This year we decided since we live in Vegas we should take advantage of all the fun places for the kids to eat!! We went to the Rainforest Cafe! So much fun!! We got reservations and went early to check out the lions first. The big lions were mainly just sleeping so they weren't too exciting, although I think the kids still liked them! But we did get to see some little tiny baby lions and they were really playful and super cute to watch!

Here we are in front of the Rainforest Cafe. I don't know why we haven't brought the kids here before now, I used to love this place when I was younger!

I think Rya was a little scared of this crocodile for a minute until she figured out he was just pretend!

Elliott happy as can be waiting for her food!

Ignore me in this picture, this is just supposed to be of Rya!! She was so scared every time the lightning storm would start! It was pretty loud and she would cling on to me and hide her face until it was over!! Silly girl!
Why oh Why does she always have to have this face even when she is not being grouchy?? Crazy girl!

This is really dark but this big water fall was right next to our table. The girls thought it was pretty neat. It was pretty loud in here... great place for kids haha!
Elliott wanted her picture next to this big gorilla, Rya wanted nothing to do with him!! Since the animals all move I am not sure she realized they were pretend.

I think Lance was in heaven surrounded by all these big huge fish tanks. I have to admit they were pretty cool and I am not even a fish person!
Could I possibly love anyone more than I love these three? NOPE. I love this picture of my favorite people!!
After dinner we went to the cactus garden to see the lights. This is one of my favorite things to do in Vegas! We usually go the day after Thanksgiving but we were in Utah and Lance was in Michigan so we obviously didn't go. Elliott bugged me all month to go to the lights and it was either raining or something always came up!! Well, it worked out perfectly to go on Christmas Eve!! The girls didn't get to see Santa (he was obviously busy!!) but that is okay they saw him plenty of other times! Elliott wanted her picture taken in front of EVERYTHING!! I think Rya was getting tired and she didn't want to have her picture taken at all! She was there I promise!
Mommy and Elliott!!
My favorite people again!! Sorry this picture is a little blurry, I am not as good with the camera as Lance!
When we got back to the house we had a special surprise!! Papa Elf had stopped by while we were out!! That sneaky little guy!! He left the girls some Christmas jammies, a movie and a game!! So much fun!!

We had the girls go get in their jammies and then we opened sister presents!! The girls really have a lot of fun finding gifts for each other! I am not sure Rya still fully understands what is going on but by next year she will! Elliott got Rya a little Snow White doll, a farm animal set and a small little airplane thing!! She loved them all!

Rya got Elliott some barbie clothes and a Strawberry Shortcake movie.
Rya with her farm set!
This is supposed to be the sister hug but they are both looking pretty weird!! haha.
The girls posing with all the Papa Elf gifts! Cute jammies and Twister, and the movie is a Christmas Carol. We decided we were all too tired to play twister that night so we just watched the movie. Although, we only made it through about twenty minutes of the movie and the girls were both scared to death!! It was a little darker than the Disney versions!! haha!! We still haven't watched it! Maybe next year!! We ended up watching Strawberry Shortcake instead, good thing Rya decided to get that for Elliott!! haha!! After that we set out the cookies and milk for Santa and set out some reindeer food for Rudolph and sent the girls to bed. I say sent them to bed because there was not much sleeping coming from that bedroom! haha. Not that I blame them! lance and I watched an entire movie before they fell asleep, it was a late night for mom and dad!! haha! We had the best day!! The girls were so excited all day! I wish every day could be as fun as Christmas Eve, although it would be exhausting!! haha!
This is just for me and journal purposes!! A close up of the ever growing belly, this is at 31 weeks!


1 comments:

Robison Fam. said...

I love your cute girls and can hardly wait to meet the next wehrle-girl in your belly... Glad u had a great Christmas!