One of my favorite traditions to do every year is gingerbread houses!! We totally cheat and use graham crackers but I am way to lazy to make real gingerbread!! I always buy way too much candy so we always have fun inviting another family over to join us!! This year we asked our friends the Taylor's and had lots of fun with them!!
While mommy got all the goodies out Rya got to work eating them! What's new right?? Please take note that she is in regular clothes, although it doesn't last long!
The table full of candy!! yummy!!
The is sweet little Kate. I am not sure who ate more candy, Rya or Kate. Probably Rya since I wasn't as good at monitoring her as Margaret was of Kate!
Elliott was all business about her house, there was no candy eating on her part (well, maybe a little!!) All she wanted to do was build the best house!!
Let the dress ups begin!! Rya and Anna were by far the fastest house builders of the night! The made their houses look just right and then they were out of there ready to go play in the play room!! This was probably better, it kept Rya out of the candy...well, not entirely!
Rya with her finished house!! Much better than last year I might add, last year it was basically a pile of crackers with frosting all over the place! haha!
Elliott with her finished house!! Elliott definitely made the best house in my book. Lance would argue his was better but I was the judge (self appointed!!) and I say Elliott was the clear winner. Although lance was very good as well. I won't talk about mine....
Mine, Rya's, Elliott's and Lance's. We had so much fun building our yummy houses again this year! One huge benefit to making your own over the store bought ones is you get to choose all the yummy candy to put on them!! Poor Elliott was so sad when we all started picking candy off of hers, she always thinks they are going to last forever!! Not in a house full of sweet tooths, sorry babe!! Thanks so much for a fun night Taylor's, we are so glad you joined us this year!!
While mommy got all the goodies out Rya got to work eating them! What's new right?? Please take note that she is in regular clothes, although it doesn't last long!
The table full of candy!! yummy!!
The is sweet little Kate. I am not sure who ate more candy, Rya or Kate. Probably Rya since I wasn't as good at monitoring her as Margaret was of Kate!
Elliott was all business about her house, there was no candy eating on her part (well, maybe a little!!) All she wanted to do was build the best house!!
Let the dress ups begin!! Rya and Anna were by far the fastest house builders of the night! The made their houses look just right and then they were out of there ready to go play in the play room!! This was probably better, it kept Rya out of the candy...well, not entirely!
Rya with her finished house!! Much better than last year I might add, last year it was basically a pile of crackers with frosting all over the place! haha!
Elliott with her finished house!! Elliott definitely made the best house in my book. Lance would argue his was better but I was the judge (self appointed!!) and I say Elliott was the clear winner. Although lance was very good as well. I won't talk about mine....
Mine, Rya's, Elliott's and Lance's. We had so much fun building our yummy houses again this year! One huge benefit to making your own over the store bought ones is you get to choose all the yummy candy to put on them!! Poor Elliott was so sad when we all started picking candy off of hers, she always thinks they are going to last forever!! Not in a house full of sweet tooths, sorry babe!! Thanks so much for a fun night Taylor's, we are so glad you joined us this year!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment